Monday, October 24, 2011

I made you a favor....tag

I have found in the last couple weeks of wedding planning that if you can make it the less money you are going to spend....a lot less! I originally went to a local craft store with intentions of making little tags to tie around my mason jar center pieces, this little idea has turned into some serious work. I purchased for about $5.00; a set of twenty white gift tags on string. I took them home crumpled them up and tossed them in tea and soaked them for a day. Once out of the tea and dried I took a lighter to the edges then to finish off I took my trusty Creative Memories fine tip pen and went to town on the fronts of each tag.
Once the twenty tags were finished I decided that I wanted them tied on each one of my favors (little blue bird cookies) instead of around the mason jars. So to keep from spending any more of that precious green stuff, I just found a template online and printed out 80 tags on cardstock then got to cutting. This project has taken some hours to prepare, but the finished product is something hand made and special. The plan is to tie them onto my favor bags with twine or burlap. Oh...and I have to add that my momma (who is a fantastic cookie maker) will be making these little blue bird favors.

No comments: